We help you identify, refine and achieve your financial goals by providing sound investment advice, focused planning, prudent asset allocation and effective portfolio management.
Reaching these financial goals helps you achieve what's important to you, such as:
Purchasing a home
Funding a child's education
Taking vacations you've dreamed of
Starting a business
Taking care of loved ones
Retiring on your terms
Providing the financial legacy you desire for loved ones and/or charities
Honesty, integrity and customer service are at the heart of everything we do. We believe open communication is essential. We employ a collaborative process to understand your goals, constraints, risk tolerance, life events and time horizon so that we can tailor our recommendations to you.
As a Registered Investment Adviser, we act in a fiduciary capacity to you. We do not accept commissions from selling financial products or receive or pay referral fees. We are only paid through asset management and financial planning fees paid by you, our client. This structure reinforces that we focus on your interests in making financial recommendations.
Our typical process in working with clients is outlined below:
1. We begin with a no obligation, introductory conversation to get to know one another and determine next steps.
2. Once you've decided to work with us, we will ask you to provide us your financial data. We will have an in-depth conversation to better understand your financial goals, time horizon, life events, liquidity needs and risk tolerance.
3. We will come to a mutual agreement of what service(s) you would like us to provide. You have the option of employing us for financial planning and/or asset management. For asset management clients, financial planning is typically included in the assets under management fee.
4. We will create your financial plan and/or asset management recommendations.
5. We will meet to discuss the recommendations. For asset management clients, an investment policy statement will archive your financial situation, asset allocation and portfolio selections. Once finalized, recommendations will be implemented.
6. For asset management clients, we will manage your investment portfolios on an ongoing basis.
7. We will meet with you to review and update your financial plan and/or asset allocation. These reviews will occur on a regular basis and as your circumstances change, such as the birth of child, a career change or an inheritance.
Below we highlight our asset management and financial planning services.
Discretionary Asset Management
We provide professional management of securities (stocks, bonds, exchange-traded funds [ETFs]*, mutual funds*, real estate investment trusts [REITs]*, commodity funds* and other securities) to help meet your specified investment goals.
For clients that seek discretionary investment management, our minimum account opening balance is $200,000 which may be negotiable based upon certain circumstances. The fee charged is based upon the amount of money you invest. Multiple accounts of immediately-related family members, at the same mailing address, may be considered one consolidated account for billing purposes. Fees are charged quarterly, in arrears.
Fees will be calculated as follows for Candor managed portfolios that are:
* Held at our preferred custodian Interactive Brokers (for example: taxable and IRA accounts) and invested in any strategy except the short and intermediate term fixed income portfolio; or
* Managed on a held away basis at a third-party custodian (for example: health savings accounts, 529s and 401ks)
For accounts held at our preferred custodian Interactive Brokers and invested in Candor's short and intermediate term fixed income portfolio fees will be calculated as follows:
For accounts held at Interactive Brokers, payments are due and will be assessed on the last day of each quarter, based on the average daily balance of the account under management for the preceding quarter.
For held away accounts utilizing a third-party platform, the fee shall be based on the quarterly ending balance of the account under management for the preceding quarter. You may pay for held away investment services through an account at Interactive Brokers (preferred) or via banking accounts (wire, check or ACH). Payments are due within 30 days. Candor shall pay the third-party platform provider for their services. The fee shall not affect the advisory fee paid by the Client.
The fees shown in the tables above are annual fees and may be negotiable based upon certain circumstances. Please see the ADV Part 2 Brochure fro more information on fees.
See investment Strategies for more information on your asset allocation and investment portfolio choices
Fee-based financial planning incorporates many different aspects of your financial status into an overall plan designed to meet your goals and objectives. The financial planning relationship consists of face-to-face meetings, phone conversations and meetings with you and/or your other advisers (attorneys, accountants, etc.) as necessary.
In performing financial planning services, we examine and analyze your financial situation, which may include such areas as business planning, business succession, education funding, estate planning, general finance, insurance, investments, retirement planning, risk management and tax planning**. Our services may focus on only one to all of these areas depending upon the scope of our engagement with you.
Financial planning software is one of the tools we use to gather and analyze financial data and build your financial plan.
In select circumstances we may also work with other outside advisers to complete your financial plan, and their services and fees would be agreed to by you before work commences.
For asset management clients, financial planning/consulting services are typically included in our assets under management fee.
If you only seek to engage in our financial planning/consulting services, we charge an hourly fee of $250.00 per hour. The fee may be negotiable depending upon the nature and complexity of your circumstances. An estimate for total hours will be determined at the start of the advisory relationship.
A financial planning agreement will be executed outlining the scope, costs, and terms and conditions involved in creating the financial plan.
In the event that your circumstances are more complicated and/or extensive than disclosed at the initial meeting, you will be notified of any significant increase in the project size. Revisions to the scope and cost of the financial plan will be agreed upon in writing between us before additional work commences.
If you have questions on the information above please contact us for more information.
*Mutual Funds, Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) and Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) and commodity funds are sold by prospectus. Please consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses carefully before investing. The prospectus, which contains this and other information about the investment company, can be obtained from the Fund Company or your financial professional. Be sure to read the prospectus carefully before deciding whether to invest.
**Candor Asset Advisors, LLC does not offer legal or tax advice. Please consult the appropriate professional regarding your individual circumstance.
Neither asset allocation nor diversification guarantee a profit or protect against loss in a declining market. It is a method used to help manage risk.
For more information about our services and fees, please see our ADV Part 2 Brochure.